Guidelines and Syllabus
The complete Contemporary Showcase syllabus may be found on the ACNMP website at the following link:
With our rapidly changing tapestry of Canadian compositions, we welcome special repertoire requests for music not included in the syllabus. Please send us an email with the score attached and our board will determine if it's suitable for the Showcase. Special repertoire requests must be made no later than September 30, 2021.
For additions and regularly accepted compositions not found in the above syllabus, please see the following, which we are regularly updating:
Voice Syllabus Supplement:
Piano Syllabus Supplement (coming soon)
SHOWCASE RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) This syllabus and subsequent supplements are to be used as the official syllabus of Contemporary Showcase.
2) All entries must be received by October 15, 2021.
3) A separate entry form is to be used for each class. NOTE: entry fee(s) will not be refunded.
4) Entries must be submitted through our registration form:
5) Participants may enter no more than TWO solo classes in any one section. They must be at consecutive grade levels.
6) The use of music in performance is optional. Photocopying, taping, videotaping, or in any way reproducing any part of the original music or text without the authorization of the copyright owner is strictly forbidden.
7) Where required, entrants are responsible for providing their own accompanists.
8) Contemporary Showcase is a non-competitive festival. No marks are awarded. Adjudications will be given in a master-class format by adjudicators who are knowledgeable interpreters of contemporary music.
9) At the discretion of each centre and upon the recommendation of the adjudicator, scholarships, prizes and/or awards may be presented to outstanding participants at a concluding festival concert. The decisions of the adjudicators and the festival committee are final.
10) Broadcasting-Recording: Performances during the festival and at the Showcase Gala may be recorded for possible future broadcast, without liability and without remuneration to the performer. A performer must request in advance, that his/her performance not be recorded.